Who says you can't have your (coffee) cake and eat it too?!
This delicious, healthy, and Strong Coffee-spiked coffee cake is the ultimate guilt-free indulgence. It's sugar-free, gluten-free, and can be adapted to fit both Paleo and Keto diets.
We're sending out a big thanks to award-winning chef Dan Jacobs, owner of American-Chinese Cuisine restaurant DanDan, for helping us create and capture this decadent masterpiece.
Here's how you can enjoy this Strong Coffee Cake yourself.
Strong Coffee Cake Batter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups monk fruit, the same sweetener we use in Strong Coffee (we used Lankanto for baking as it can replace sugar with a 1:1 ratio in recipes)
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (we used this one from our friends at Thrive Market)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scoop Strong Coffee Caffe Latte powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter with Lakanto (or sweetener of choice) until light and fluffy
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract
- Mix in all dry ingredients and STRONG LATTE POWDER
- Mix in sour cream until incorporated
Coffee Cake Filling & Topping
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup monk fruit (again, we used Lakanto)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together walnuts, sweetener and cinnamon
- Pour half of coffee cake batter into pan
- Top with half of filling
- Pour the rest of the batter into the pan and top it with the other half of the filling
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- 1 cup powdered sugar replacer (we used this one from Lakanto)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- .25 grams CBD Isolate (we used Green Helix)
- Mix together all ingredients and top cake when cooled
- Take pictures for the interwebz
- Cram cake into face, SIP more Strong Coffee, Dominate your day & life!